Quantcast

translate content description while using archgenxml

translate content description while using archgenxml

Harald Friessnegger
hi there,

I want to translate the description text for my content type. (that appears in
the addbox on mouse over)

   class MyDocument(RichDocument,BaseContent):
      """An article may contain images and attachments and can be assigned to
regions."""

if i provide the following entry in a po file having the domain "plone"
everything works fine.

   #. Default: "An article may contain images and attachments and can be
assigned to regions."
   #: portal type description of type with title Article
   msgid "An article may contain images and attachments and can be assigned to
regions."
   msgstr "Ein Artikel kann Bilder und Anhänge beinhalten und Regionen
zugeteilt werden."

since i'm using ArchGenXML to generate my Product, the class's docstring gets
split up and looks like this after generation:

   class MyDocument(RichDocument,BaseContent):
      """
      An article may contain images and attachments and can be
      assigned to regions.
      """

This way the msgid i used before is not found by pts anymore. i'd have to
provide one that includes the whitspaces and linebreaks (no idea how to do
that)

If i do not provide documentation in the UML model, ArchGenXML does not
replace/reformat the docstring i provide in the sourcecode. this way i can
keep my well formatted msgids.
Since the UML model is certainly the best place to keep my documentation up to
date i'd like to find out a way where i can do without this workaround.

The attributes typeDescription amd typeDescMsgId looked very promising to me.
but neither portal_types nor PTS seem to use them.

Do you know which msgid i have to use to translate the description of my
content type?
or is the only way to do that using the docstring of the class?

thanks for your time/help!

regards, fRiSi