svn access for basque language

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

svn access for basque language

Garikoitz Araolaza
Well, it seems that we finally did the coordination.

Please give garaolaza user rights to commit updates for the basque PO files.

Thank you.

Gari



-------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by: Splunk Inc. Do you grep through log files
for problems?  Stop!  Download the new AJAX search engine that makes
searching your log files as easy as surfing the  web.  DOWNLOAD SPLUNK!
http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmd=lnk&kid=103432&bid=230486&dat=121642
_______________________________________________
Plone-i18n mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/plone-i18n
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: svn access for basque language

Alexander Limi
Administrator
On Mon, 23 Jan 2006 23:44:08 -0800, Garikoitz Araolaza  
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Well, it seems that we finally did the coordination.
>
> Please give garaolaza user rights to commit updates for the basque PO  
> files.

Done!

--
_____________________________________________________________________

      Alexander Limi · Chief Architect · Plone Solutions · Norway

  Consulting · Training · Development · http://www.plonesolutions.com
_____________________________________________________________________

       Plone Co-Founder · http://plone.org · Connecting Content
   Plone Foundation · http://plone.org/foundation · Protecting Plone



-------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by: Splunk Inc. Do you grep through log files
for problems?  Stop!  Download the new AJAX search engine that makes
searching your log files as easy as surfing the  web.  DOWNLOAD SPLUNK!
http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmd=lnk&kid=103432&bid=230486&dat=121642
_______________________________________________
Plone-i18n mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/plone-i18n
Alexander Limi · http://limi.net

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

gtranslator deletes headers

Garikoitz Araolaza
Hi!

I've just done my first commit to svn for the basque translation.

The problem is that I found that gtranslator deletes some header lines.
Specifically these lines:

15   "Language-Code: eu\n"
16   "Language-Name: Euskara\n"
17   "Preferred-Encodings: utf-8 latin1\n"
18   "Domain: plone\n"
19   "X-Is-Fallback-For: eu-es\n"


You can see it at:

http://trac.plone.org/collective/changeset/18440

I'm lucky that I've seen the problem, and I will correct it shortly.

But, is it a known bug or a misconfiguration? Or is gtranslator not
recommended for Plone po files translation?

Thanks!

Gari

--
Garikoitz Araolaza
CodeSyntax
garaolaza at codesyntax.com
Azitaingo Industrialdea 3 K
E-20600-EIBAR
Tel: +34 943 82 17 80



-------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by: Splunk Inc. Do you grep through log files
for problems?  Stop!  Download the new AJAX search engine that makes
searching your log files as easy as surfing the  web.  DOWNLOAD SPLUNK!
http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmd=lnk&kid=103432&bid=230486&dat=121642
_______________________________________________
Plone-i18n mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/plone-i18n
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: gtranslator deletes headers

Alexander Limi
Administrator
On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 00:07:16 -0800, Garikoitz Araolaza  
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I've just done my first commit to svn for the basque translation.
>
> The problem is that I found that gtranslator deletes some header lines.  
> Specifically these lines:
>
> 15   "Language-Code: eu\n" 16   "Language-Name: Euskara\n" 17  
> "Preferred-Encodings: utf-8 latin1\n" 18   "Domain: plone\n" 19  
> "X-Is-Fallback-For: eu-es\n"  
> You can see it at:
>
> http://trac.plone.org/collective/changeset/18440
>
> I'm lucky that I've seen the problem, and I will correct it shortly.
>
> But, is it a known bug or a misconfiguration? Or is gtranslator not  
> recommended for Plone po files translation?

poEdit is the recommended program for translation of the Plone .po files.  
This is what our diffs are optimized for as well, and it doesn't mangle  
the X-Is-Fallback-For headers either.

--
_____________________________________________________________________

      Alexander Limi · Chief Architect · Plone Solutions · Norway

  Consulting · Training · Development · http://www.plonesolutions.com
_____________________________________________________________________

       Plone Co-Founder · http://plone.org · Connecting Content
   Plone Foundation · http://plone.org/foundation · Protecting Plone



-------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by: Splunk Inc. Do you grep through log files
for problems?  Stop!  Download the new AJAX search engine that makes
searching your log files as easy as surfing the  web.  DOWNLOAD SPLUNK!
http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmd=lnk&kid=103432&bid=230486&dat=121642
_______________________________________________
Plone-i18n mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/plone-i18n
Alexander Limi · http://limi.net

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

poedit (was Re: gtranslator deletes headers)

Jan Ulrich Hasecke

Am 25.01.2006 um 13:07 schrieb Alexander Limi:

> poEdit is the recommended program for translation of the Plone .po  
> files. This is what our diffs are optimized for as well, and it  
> doesn't mangle the X-Is-Fallback-For headers either.

Do you know if there is already a usable alpha or beta version of  
poedit for MacOS?

BTW: Was it really inevitable to change so many messages between  
2.1.1 and 2.1.2? I was annoyed to see so many english in my updated  
sites.

juh
--
DZUG e.V. (Deutschsprachige Zope User Group)
http://www.zope.de




-------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by: Splunk Inc. Do you grep through log files
for problems?  Stop!  Download the new AJAX search engine that makes
searching your log files as easy as surfing the  web.  DOWNLOAD SPLUNK!
http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmd=lnk&kid=103432&bid=230486&dat=121642
_______________________________________________
Plone-i18n mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/plone-i18n
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: poedit (was Re: gtranslator deletes headers)

Alexander Limi
Administrator
On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 04:46:18 -0800, Jan Ulrich Hasecke  
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Do you know if there is already a usable alpha or beta version of poedit  
> for MacOS?

Yes.

> BTW: Was it really inevitable to change so many messages between 2.1.1  
> and 2.1.2? I was annoyed to see so many english in my updated sites.

Yes.

--
_____________________________________________________________________

      Alexander Limi · Chief Architect · Plone Solutions · Norway

  Consulting · Training · Development · http://www.plonesolutions.com
_____________________________________________________________________

       Plone Co-Founder · http://plone.org · Connecting Content
   Plone Foundation · http://plone.org/foundation · Protecting Plone



-------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by: Splunk Inc. Do you grep through log files
for problems?  Stop!  Download the new AJAX search engine that makes
searching your log files as easy as surfing the  web.  DOWNLOAD SPLUNK!
http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmd=lnk&kid=103432&bid=230486&dat=121642
_______________________________________________
Plone-i18n mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/plone-i18n
Alexander Limi · http://limi.net

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: poedit (was Re: gtranslator deletes headers)

Filip Miletic
In reply to this post by Jan Ulrich Hasecke
>> poEdit is the recommended program for translation of the Plone .po

As a side note, emacs also supports PO editin quite well, and is likely
to exist for Mac too.

f



-------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by: Splunk Inc. Do you grep through log files
for problems?  Stop!  Download the new AJAX search engine that makes
searching your log files as easy as surfing the  web.  DOWNLOAD SPLUNK!
http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmd=lnk&kid=103432&bid=230486&dat=121642
_______________________________________________
Plone-i18n mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/plone-i18n
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: poedit

Jan Ulrich Hasecke
Filip Miletic schrieb:
>>> poEdit is the recommended program for translation of the Plone .po
>
> As a side note, emacs also supports PO editin quite well, and is likely
> to exist for Mac too.

Jes, thats right. And Emacs is my app! ;-)

But the changes in 2.1.2 came when I have no time to translate. I must
have missed discussions in this list about these changes, because I was
totally unaware that so many things changed again. But thats Plone,
isn't it. Like a capricious woman. New shoes every Friday. ;-)

I am working with a non technical person, who uses Mac OS to fix these
things as fast as possible. I cannot tell him to use emacs. A Mac OS GUI
Tool would be nice.

I know that I cannot change a woman! ;-)

juh



-------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by: Splunk Inc. Do you grep through log files
for problems?  Stop!  Download the new AJAX search engine that makes
searching your log files as easy as surfing the  web.  DOWNLOAD SPLUNK!
http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmd=lnk&kid=103432&bid=230486&dat=121642
_______________________________________________
Plone-i18n mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/plone-i18n
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: poedit

Alexander Limi
Administrator
On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 23:03:36 -0800, Jan Ulrich Hasecke  
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> But the changes in 2.1.2 came when I have no time to translate. I must  
> have missed discussions in this list about these changes, because I was  
> totally unaware that so many things changed again. But thats Plone,  
> isn't it. Like a capricious woman. New shoes every Friday. ;-)

Yes, the changes were discussed here earlier.

> I am working with a non technical person, who uses Mac OS to fix these  
> things as fast as possible. I cannot tell him to use emacs. A Mac OS GUI  
> Tool would be nice.

Try this early early alpha build, has to be run from the command line, and  
might crash on you:

http://www.vslavik.nextradsl.cz/tmp/poedit-test-build.zip

Save often. Also, I think it may also only support utf-8, that's not a  
problem for me, but you might want to convert your files beforehand in  
that case. There were a few of the Norwegian files that were iso-8859-1.  
Since Plone is using quite a few utf-8 chars in recent versions (ellipsis  
- "…" etc), it makes sense anyway.

> I know that I cannot change a woman! ;-)

Damn straight you can't. She'll keep evolving, and you keep listening to  
the music you always have. ;)

--
_____________________________________________________________________

      Alexander Limi · Chief Architect · Plone Solutions · Norway

  Consulting · Training · Development · http://www.plonesolutions.com
_____________________________________________________________________

       Plone Co-Founder · http://plone.org · Connecting Content
   Plone Foundation · http://plone.org/foundation · Protecting Plone



-------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by: Splunk Inc. Do you grep through log files
for problems?  Stop!  Download the new AJAX search engine that makes
searching your log files as easy as surfing the  web.  DOWNLOAD SPLUNK!
http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmd=lnk&kid=103432&bid=230486&dat=121642
_______________________________________________
Plone-i18n mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/plone-i18n
Alexander Limi · http://limi.net