are text items timestamped in zope/plone?

are text items timestamped in zope/plone?

Daniel McBrearty
Hi

I've been looking at various frameworks for a while for my website
http://www.engoi.com

I've even gone so far as to write a kind of wishlist of features I'd like to
see. It's here:

http://engoi.backpackit.com/pub/466112

I did take a few hours to read about the support offered by plone. It looks
good. However, I don't see any mention of the mechanism I'm thinking of where
items are timestamped so that translators can see where content has become out
of date.

Am I wrong (this is very possible). Or is this accomplished by some other means?
Or is it just not supported in plone?

I like the look of plone, although I'm finding the learning curve a little steep
- I feel I need to spend a while dealing with python and zope first. But if I
can find a framework/CMS that gets close to solving these headaches, I'll be
happy, and teh effort is well worth it. I'm happy to get in and tinker to
finetune the details (esp if others also have an interest).

Look forward to your responses

thanks

Daniel

Re: are text items timestamped in zope/plone?

Alexander Limi
Administrator
Read your list, everything here is doable with Plone + LinguaPlone and a
custom workflow with a script doing diffs on translations/updates.