Re: r33122 - PloneTranslations/trunk/i18n

Re: r33122 - PloneTranslations/trunk/i18n

Alexander Limi
Administrator
On Wed, 08 Nov 2006 11:42:28 -0800, deo
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Author: deo
> Date: Wed Nov  8 19:42:24 2006
> New Revision: 33122
>
> Modified:
>    PloneTranslations/trunk/i18n/plone-pt-br.po
> Log:
> Removed the (now) unused trademark (™) sign.

The ™ is now an ®, but that doesn't seem to have carried across in
i18ndude? The same seems to be the case for the ellipsis (…) character.
Does it dump things that are not in the basic ASCII set?

In all the translations, Plone should have the Plone® designation where
that exists in the original string (primarily in the footer).

       Plone Co-Founder · http://plone.org · Connecting Content
   Plone Foundation · http://plone.org/foundation · Protecting Plone

Re: r33122 - PloneTranslations/trunk/i18n

Hanno Schlichting-2
Alexander Limi wrote:

> On Wed, 08 Nov 2006 11:42:28 -0800, deo
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Author: deo
>> Date: Wed Nov  8 19:42:24 2006
>> New Revision: 33122
>>
>> Modified:
>>    PloneTranslations/trunk/i18n/plone-pt-br.po
>> Log:
>> Removed the (now) unused trademark (™) sign.
>
> The ™ is now an ®, but that doesn't seem to have carried across in
> i18ndude? The same seems to be the case for the ellipsis (…) character.
> Does it dump things that are not in the basic ASCII set?

No. It dumped all HTML-entities so far, which I have fixed in i18ndude
about two days ago. I already rebuilt the pot-files, so these have the
changes included (mostly added ellipsis ... for a lot of messages) but
did not synchronize all po files, as I'll be on holidays for the next
two weeks without any Internet access and wouldn't have been able to
answer any questions related to this change.

So you'll have to wait for two more weeks before we finally have all
fancy signs and characters in the po files ;)

> In all the translations, Plone should have the Plone® designation where
> that exists in the original string (primarily in the footer).

The "registered" sign does currently only exist in the footer in the
form of "<sup>&reg;</sup>". This already exists in the current pot and
po files.

The two occurrences which deo changed are in the colophon, where we have
no "registered" sign in the original template.

Hanno