Re: [Zope] Data.fs Recovery

Godwin Vaz
Martin,

The file size is 2GB. Could that be the problem?

Yes I did stop and remove the index file and start again.

Workaround I followed:
Installed Zope 2.10.5 on my desktop (Win XP)
Dumped the Data.fs into the instance
Zope 2.10.5 happily ran through the Data.fs though with a few product
missing errors
Copied the few missing products, the LDAPUserFolder is still a problem
cannot import ldap module

Used the last Data.fs backup on the server and have manually started
copying and pasting the source code for the missing pages.

Godwin

Martijn Jacobs wrote:

> [...]
>> IOError: (0, 'Error')
>>
>> I tried the following
>>
>> Restating the Zope service with the following results
>> - Starts and stops immediately
>>
>> Start the Zope service using "start.bat" get the following
>>
>> D:\civil>start.bat
>> ------
>> 2008-04-14T23:20:34 PROBLEM(100) Init Ambiguous name for method of
>> Products.Pyth
>> onMethod.PythonMethod.PythonMethod: "manage" != "manage_main"
>> ------
>> 2008-04-14T23:20:35 PROBLEM(100) Init Ambiguous name for method of
>> Products.ZDat
>> aQueryKit.ZVisualODBCClient.ZVisualODBCClient: "manage_propertiesForm"
>> != "manag
>> e_main"
>> ------
>> 2008-04-14T23:20:35 PROBLEM(100) Init Ambiguous name for method of
>> Products.ZDat
>> aQueryKit.ZVisualODBCClient.ZVisualODBCClient: "manage_propertiesForm"
>> != "manag
>> e_main"
>> ------
>> 2008-04-14T23:20:35 PANIC(300) z2 Startup exception
>> Traceback (innermost last):
>>  File D:\civil\z2.py, line 564, in ?
>>  File <string>, line 1, in ?
>>  File D:\civil\lib\python\Zope\__init__.py, line 110, in ?
>>  File D:\civil\lib\python\ZODB\FileStorage.py, line 311, in __init__
>>    (Object: D:\civil\var\Data.fs)
>>  File D:\civil\lib\python\ZODB\FileStorage.py, line 1747, in read_index
>> IOError: (0, 'Error')
>>
>> Running tranalyzer.py and at some stage I get the following
>>
>> 31166 91405999210488
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>  File "lib/python/ZODB/tranalyzer.py", line 333, in ?
>>    main(sys.argv)
>>  File "lib/python/ZODB/tranalyzer.py", line 325, in main
>>    t = Transaction(f, off, refs)
>>  File "lib/python/ZODB/tranalyzer.py", line 170, in __init__
>>    self.obs.append(Record(f, refs))
>>  File "lib/python/ZODB/tranalyzer.py", line 214, in __init__
>>    data = f.c(dl - 8)
>>  File "lib/python/ZODB/tranalyzer.py", line 105, in c
>>    self.checkleft(n)
>>  File "lib/python/ZODB/tranalyzer.py", line 87, in checkleft
>>    raise 'Not enough data left, %d < %d' % (self.left, n)
>> Not enough data left, 31166 < 91405999210488
>>
>> Running fsrecover.py get the following
>>
>> D:\civil>bin\python lib/python/ZODB/fsrecover.py var/Data.fs
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>  File "lib/python/ZODB/fsrecover.py", line 94, in ?
>>    FileStorage.recover(sys.argv[1])
>>  File "D:\civil\lib\python\ZODB\FileStorage.py", line 1721, in recover
>>    pos, oid, tid = read_index(
>>  File "D:\civil\lib\python\ZODB\FileStorage.py", line 1747, in
>> read_index
>>    file_size=file.tell()
>> IOError: (0, 'Error')
>>
>> D:\civil>bin\python lib/python/ZODB/fsrecover.py
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>  File "lib/python/ZODB/fsrecover.py", line 94, in ?

Re: Re: [Zope] Data.fs Recovery

Godwin Vaz
Stefan

The file system is NTFS

Godwin

Stefan Tjarks wrote:
Godwin Vaz wrote:

Martin,

The file size is 2GB. Could that be the problem?

I'm not Martin but I will give my 2 cents if you don't mind ;)

It will be if you use FAT32. FAT32 can only handle files up to 2 GB as
far as I remember. Some Pythons aren't compiled with LFS (Large File
Support). Because I don't use Window$ I have no clue about the Windows
Python.
Check that your file system type is not FAT.

-stj

Yes I did stop and remove the index file and start again.

Workaround I followed:
Installed Zope 2.10.5 on my desktop (Win XP)
Dumped the Data.fs into the instance
Zope 2.10.5 happily ran through the Data.fs though with a few product
missing errors
Copied the few missing products, the LDAPUserFolder is still a problem
cannot import ldap module

Used the last Data.fs backup on the server and have manually started
copying and pasting the source code for the missing pages.

Godwin

RE: Re: [Zope] Data.fs Recovery

Dylan Jay-4

Worst case you can go in and start truncating the Data.fs since each transaction is only appended. I had to do that once maybe 7 years back. Never happened since.

Dylan Jay
Founder PretaWeb.com, Founder IntroVino.com
---

Re: Re: [Zope] Data.fs Recovery

Godwin Vaz
Almost there, got all the data back and I am going to move to the latest
version asap.

Thanks you all for your help

Cheers
Godwin

Dylan Jay wrote:

> Worst case you can go in and start truncating the Data.fs since each
> transaction is only appended. I had to do that once maybe 7 years
> back. Never happened since.
>

> Dylan Jay
> Founder PretaWeb.com, Founder IntroVino.com
> ---
> M:+61421477460 ~ MSN:[hidden email] ~ Y!+Skype:dylan_jay ~ ICQ:520341

Re: [Zope] Data.fs Recovery

bradcapo1

Thanks for the feedback. That is very useful.

[url=http://pret-auto.org][color=#FFFFFF][u]taux pret auto[/u][/color][/url][color=#FFFFFF] - taux pret auto differe selon la rise en compte ... calculent automatiquement le taux pour un prĂȘt automobile donne.[/color]