Quantcast

Re: [I18N RQ] Untranslated event types in Plone Events

Re: [I18N RQ] Untranslated event types in Plone Events

Geir Bækholt · Plone Solutions-2
On 2005-10-12 15:03:06 +0200, Encolpe Degoute
<[hidden email]> said:

> |>In the Events, the event type labels: appointment, convention, meeting,
> |>social event, work are not i18n-ized.
> |
> | These words are in a zope vocabulary and I think it's impossible to
> | use i18n in this context.
>
> It's possible, but not recommended. If you want vocabulary i18n aware
> you can take a look at PloneVocabularyManager.

What on earth is the reason for it to not be recommended? it is a mere
display of strings. The actual keys would not change.

I would classify it as a bug and file it in the collector.

What would be the reason to have to use PloneVocabularyManager? Are we
not simply talking about one i18n:translate and one i18n:attributes in
the widgets machinery? - Or have i misunderstood the issue?

Geir Bækholt   ·   Plone Solutions  ·  http://plonesolutions.com

Re: [I18N RQ] Untranslated event types in Plone Events

Alexander Limi
Administrator
On Sun, 06 Nov 2005 09:31:51 -0800, Geir Bækholt
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>> meeting,
>> |
>> | These words are in a zope vocabulary and I think it's impossible to
>> | use i18n in this context.
>>  It's possible, but not recommended. If you want vocabulary i18n aware
>> you can take a look at PloneVocabularyManager.
>
> What on earth is the reason for it to not be recommended? it is a mere
> display of strings. The actual keys would not change.
>
> I would classify it as a bug and file it in the collector.
>
> What would be the reason to have to use PloneVocabularyManager? Are we
> not simply talking about one i18n:translate and one i18n:attributes in
> the widgets machinery? - Or have i misunderstood the issue?

Correct. There's even code in Plone to translate it, as far as I know
(keywords certainly support this, at least - adding the same code for the
editing and display of Event categories should be two lines of ZPT).

Vocabulary Manager is total overkill for this.