Possible Brand Misleading from Inappropriate zh Translation

Possible Brand Misleading from Inappropriate zh Translation

marr
I find a recently added PO file, locales/zh/LC_MESSAGES/plonefrontpage.po, submitted by adam139.
According to revision 87538, the message "Welcome to Plone" is translated to Simplified Chinese with meaning "Welcome to Using Product by 315ok.org", that can cause brand misleading.
I hope this issue could be quickly solved by another zh-CN PO maintainer submitting updated translation.

As a zh-TW PO maintainer, for several reasons, I will not step too much in this issue for the time being.

Cheers,
/marr/

Re: Possible Brand Misleading from Inappropriate zh Translation

Hanno Schlichting-3
Hi Adam,

as marr noticed you seem to have inappropriately translated one of the
messages in the plonefrontpage domain.

Could you please correct this?

Thanks,
Hanno

TsungWei Hu wrote:

> I find a recently added PO file,
> locales/zh/LC_MESSAGES/plonefrontpage.po, submitted by adam139.
> According to revision 87538, the message "Welcome to Plone" is
> translated to Simplified Chinese with meaning "Welcome to Using Product
> by 315ok.org <http://315ok.org>", that can cause brand misleading.
> I hope this issue could be quickly solved by another zh-CN PO maintainer
> submitting updated translation.
>
> As a zh-TW PO maintainer, for several reasons, I will not step too much
> in this issue for the time being.

Re: Possible Brand Misleading from Inappropriate zh Translation

Alexander Limi
Administrator
Did we get this resolved? Don't want Plone 3.3 to go out with this in it.

--
Alexander Limi · http://limi.net

Re: Possible Brand Misleading from Inappropriate zh Translation

marr
Hanno did ask adam139 to correct this.
However, the PO file is not yet changed.
I can quickly generate the zh PO from zh-TW PO, that should be an acceptable solution.
Or, looking for other way to resolve?

/marr/

--
Alexander Limi · http://limi.net

Re: Possible Brand Misleading from Inappropriate zh Translation

Hanno Schlichting-4
Hi.

On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 4:36 AM, TsungWei Hu<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hanno did ask adam139 to correct this.
> However, the PO file is not yet changed.
> I can quickly generate the zh PO from zh-TW PO, that should be an acceptable
> solution.
> Or, looking for other way to resolve?

Since adam139 hasn't responded to the mail or did any changes to
correct the files, I now reverted all of his recent changes. I have no
yet revoked his commit rights yet.

If someone is able to review the changes he made and commit the
non-controversial ones, this would be appreciated.

Hanno