Next release date and update of 'plone-fr.po' in PloneTranslations

Next release date and update of 'plone-fr.po' in PloneTranslations

Damien Baty (ML)
        Hello,

   I have made a lot of (mainly minor) bug fixes to 'plone-fr.po' files
of 'PloneTranslations'. I am willing to send a patch to this list (and
Sébastien Douche, who was one the last main committer of the French
files) or commit my changes (I do not think I have write access to
PloneTranslations SVN - if needed, my login is dbaty) as soon as I have
polished everything. I think a release may be soon to appear. Thus, do I
need to hurry up? Or do I have plenty of time? ;)

   Moreover: I have only parsed half of 'plone-fr.po', and have already
more than 100 messages to change. What is the preferred action (for now
and in the future):
   - commit all the changes once;
   - try to commit often (similar changes and/or group of, say, 10
changes), in order to have minimal diffs;
   - send the diff to the list and/or the other main maintainer and
discuss it before committing (I want to do that for some future changes,
but as my current fixes are minor, I do not think a discussion is really
needed. But since I am a newcomer in PloneTranslations, I can understand
that I need to send a patch before committing.).

   Sébastien (this is all about the French version) : la plupart des
changements que j'ai faits sont des corrections de fautes de frappe, de
fautes d'orthographe, etc. J'ai noté également quelques messages "fuzzy"
qui ont donc la même traduction en français, alors que la version
originale en anglais est différente. J'ai aussi noté quelques mots que
l'on pourrait tenter d'homogénéiser. Je ferai un autre mail pour ça,
plus précis : pour ces points, je ne veux pas faire de commit sans
discussion préalable.

Damien Baty
Pilot Systems - 9, rue Desargues - 75011 Paris
Tél : +33 (0)1 44 53 05 55 - http://www.pilotsystems.net
Free Zope & Plone hosting - http://www.objectis.org

Re: Next release date and update of 'plone-fr.po' in PloneTranslations

Alexander Limi
Administrator
On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 04:02:45 -0800, Damien Baty
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> or commit my changes (I do not think I have write access to
> PloneTranslations SVN - if needed, my login is dbaty) as soon as I have
> polished everything.

You already have commit privileges as part of your Collective permissions.

> I think a release may be soon to appear. Thus, do I need to hurry up? Or
> do I have plenty of time? ;)

There is a 2.1.2 coming up very soon, yes - so get the changes in as soon
as possible.

>    Moreover: I have only parsed half of 'plone-fr.po', and have already
> more than 100 messages to change. What is the preferred action (for now
> and in the future):
>    - commit all the changes once;
>    - try to commit often (similar changes and/or group of, say, 10
> changes), in order to have minimal diffs;
>    - send the diff to the list and/or the other main maintainer and
> discuss it before committing (I want to do that for some future changes,
> but as my current fixes are minor, I do not think a discussion is really
> needed. But since I am a newcomer in PloneTranslations, I can understand
> that I need to send a patch before committing.).

As long as you and Sebastien can work it out, there's no need to do
anything via patches. Commit early, commit often - you never know when the
next release of Plone is out. ;)

Re: Next release date and update of 'plone-fr.po' in PloneTranslations

sdouche
On 12/13/05, Damien Baty <[hidden email]> wrote:
>         Hello,

Hi Damien :)

>    I have made a lot of (mainly minor) bug fixes to 'plone-fr.po' files
> of 'PloneTranslations'.

Great!

> I am willing to send a patch to this list (and
> Sébastien Douche, who was one the last main committer of the French
> files)

I'm not only the last commiter, but the maintainer too ;)

> or commit my changes (I do not think I have write access to
> PloneTranslations SVN - if needed, my login is dbaty) as soon as I have
> polished everything. I think a release may be soon to appear. Thus, do I
> need to hurry up? Or do I have plenty of time? ;)

If changes are minors, you can commit directly, no soucy.

>    Moreover: I have only parsed half of 'plone-fr.po', and have already
> more than 100 messages to change. What is the preferred action (for now
> and in the future):
>    - commit all the changes once;
>    - try to commit often (similar changes and/or group of, say, 10
> changes), in order to have minimal diffs;

Commit when you think it is good to commit ;) No rules for that, just
the feeling.

>    - send the diff to the list and/or the other main maintainer and
> discuss it before committing

For big changes (using a new word...), I prefer a discussion before.

>    Sébastien (this is all about the French version) : la plupart des
> changements que j'ai faits sont des corrections de fautes de frappe, de
> fautes d'orthographe, etc. J'ai noté également quelques messages "fuzzy"
> qui ont donc la même traduction en français, alors que la version
> originale en anglais est différente.

Ok

>  J'ai aussi noté quelques mots que
> l'on pourrait tenter d'homogénéiser. Je ferai un autre mail pour ça,
> plus précis : pour ces points, je ne veux pas faire de commit sans
> discussion préalable.

Of for me. Take a look here :
http://plone.org/development/teams/i18n/language-specific-terms/french-fr/
It's not up to date but it's a good start for an brainstorming.

Don't forget to CC Godefroid Chapelle <[hidden email]> and Kamon
Ayeva <[hidden email]>.

PS : 2.1.2 coming up in few days. Please keep big changes for Plone 2.5 :)

--
Sébastien Douche <[hidden email]>