NZPUG Incorporated Society preparations

Tim Knapp
Hello all,

Danny Adair and I (well mostly Danny) have been getting things organised
for incorporating the NZPUG non-profit society. This will ensure in
particular that we have a defined set of objectives for the NZPUG. It'll
also help in things such as producing receipts for sponsors, get some
capital behind us (in member fees - still TBC) so we can organise bigger
events/etc.

In line with this, at the *upcoming Christchurch NZPUG meetup* we were
going to start the ball rolling in discussing the incorporation of the
NZPUG non-profit society. Some links to get people thinking prior to the
meetup are here:
http://www.community.net.nz/How-ToGuides/LegalStructures/PublicationsResources/incorpsoc.htm
http://www.wlug.org.nz/NewZealandIncorporatedSocietyHowto
http://www.wlug.org.nz/WlugCharter

Our *main goal* will be to get some consensus on the rules/charter of
the NZPUG so this will be something we'll discuss after the Christchurch
meetup on Friday. Whatever comes out of the meetup will be posted back
up here for others to discuss.

Thanks,
Tim

Re: NZPUG Incorporated Society preparations

Darryl Dixon - Winterhouse Consulting-2
I can't resist also taking the opportunity to point you to a good
Python/Plone powered website to go with this... ;)
http://www.companies.govt.nz/cms/other-registered-entities/incorporated-societies

regards,
Darryl Dixon
Winterhouse Consulting Ltd
http://www.winterhouseconsulting.com

> Hello all,
>
> Danny Adair and I (well mostly Danny) have been getting things organised
> for incorporating the NZPUG non-profit society. This will ensure in
> particular that we have a defined set of objectives for the NZPUG. It'll
> also help in things such as producing receipts for sponsors, get some
> capital behind us (in member fees - still TBC) so we can organise bigger
> events/etc.
>
> In line with this, at the *upcoming Christchurch NZPUG meetup* we were
> going to start the ball rolling in discussing the incorporation of the
> NZPUG non-profit society. Some links to get people thinking prior to the
> meetup are here:
> http://www.community.net.nz/How-ToGuides/LegalStructures/PublicationsResources/incorpsoc.htm
> http://www.wlug.org.nz/NewZealandIncorporatedSocietyHowto
> http://www.wlug.org.nz/WlugCharter
>
> Our *main goal* will be to get some consensus on the rules/charter of
> the NZPUG so this will be something we'll discuss after the Christchurch
> meetup on Friday. Whatever comes out of the meetup will be posted back
> up here for others to discuss.
>
> Thanks,
> Tim

Re: NZPUG Incorporated Society preparations

siva
For those of you who don't watch planet.plone.org like a hawk, I've just
posted a blog post encouraging people to tag their blog postings, flickr
images, youtube videos.

http://kokorice.org/blog/archive/2008/10/18/world-plone-day
http://tinyurl.com/5fj3jo
siva