Quantcast

Moving from i18nlayer

Thomas Clement Mogensen
Hi all, hope you can help me here,
I have a site with _a lot_ of PloneArticle's that are translated
using I18NLayer. I need to move them to a new site that uses
LinguaPLone instead. Since the new site does not have I18NLayer
installed, I cannot simply export-import them.
Does anyone have any ideas about how to move these Objects? I doesn't
have to be a pretty solution ;-) Something thats strips the
translation, and leaves an importable PloneArticle in just one
language would help alot.

thanks in advance,
Thomas Clement Mogensen

Re: Moving from i18nlayer

Dorneles Treméa (PSOL)
Hello Thomas,

> Hi all, hope you can help me here,
> I have a site with _a lot_ of PloneArticle's that are translated
> using I18NLayer. I need to move them to a new site that uses
> LinguaPLone instead. Since the new site does not have I18NLayer
> installed, I cannot simply export-import them.

can't you just temporarily install I18NLayer to at least import
the content?

> Does anyone have any ideas about how to move these Objects? I doesn't
> have to be a pretty solution ;-) Something thats strips the
> translation, and leaves an importable PloneArticle in just one
> language would help alot.

A PythonScript that does exactly what you need (remove translation
and the I18NLayer, leaving only one PloneArticle) shouldn't be that
hard to write... :-)

A simple catalog query and a cut/past operation should be enough.

HTH,

       Dorneles Treméa · Developer · Plone Solutions · Brazil