Major update of plone.pot

Hanno Schlichting
Hi all.

Over the last couple of days I worked hard on i18n in Python scripts.
While the real solution (plip108) will most likely be available starting
with Plone 2.2, I did some extra work to update plone-manual.pot
accordingly.

As a result I could remove about 70 messages which aren't used anymore
and added an equal amount of so far untranslated messages. Most of these
messages are 'portal status messages' shown on the UI after editing some
forms.

While there are some portal status messages which aren't translatable
yet due to badly written code, most of these should be in plone.pot now.
Starting with this day I consider any text shown to the user which isn't
translatable as a serious error ;)

Have fun translating and as always questions and comments are most welcome.

Hanno

Re: Major update of plone.pot

Alexander Limi
Administrator
Hanno, you rock!

Thanks a lot! Your contributions are very valuable and rock solid as
always.

-- Alexander

On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 15:25:00 -0700, Hanno Schlichting
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> Over the last couple of days I worked hard on i18n in Python scripts.
> While the real solution (plip108) will most likely be available starting
> with Plone 2.2, I did some extra work to update plone-manual.pot
> accordingly.
>
> As a result I could remove about 70 messages which aren't used anymore
> and added an equal amount of so far untranslated messages. Most of these
> messages are 'portal status messages' shown on the UI after editing some
> forms.
>
> While there are some portal status messages which aren't translatable
> yet due to badly written code, most of these should be in plone.pot now.
> Starting with this day I consider any text shown to the user which isn't
> translatable as a serious error ;)
>
> Have fun translating and as always questions and comments are most
> welcome.
>
> Hanno

> Free Certification Exam for All Training Attendees Through End of 2005
> Visit http://www.jboss.com/services/certification for more information

Re: Major update of plone.pot

Godefroid Chapelle
Alexander Limi wrote:
> Hanno, you rock!
>
> Thanks a lot! Your contributions are very valuable and rock solid as
> always.
>
> -- Alexander

Crap, Limi was the quickest ;-)

Thanks, Hanno !!!

Those contributions are almost invisible but they are very important as
they make the whole software work seemlessly in all languages (iow will
help us avoid english popping up every time and other).

--
Godefroid Chapelle (aka __gotcha)- BubbleNet  http://bubblenet.be