Quantcast

Looking for new Plone translation team leader

Looking for new Plone translation team leader

Hanno Schlichting-3
Hi all.

I have been serving as the official translation team leader for quite a
while now. For the last couple of month I haven't done a good job
anymore at this position, but focussed my efforts elsewhere. So I'm
looking for someone to take over this role.

The main duties of the position are:

- Give new translators coming to the list a helping hand and point them
to the right documentation
- Answer Plone Core translation related questions
- Commit an updated translation to SVN for translators not using Subversion

Optionally the position can include regularly rebuilding and syncing the
pot/po files in PloneTranslations and make releases of it. The tools we
use like i18ndude need next to no maintenance and I'd be happy to help
out in maintaining them. I'd be happy to work with someone to document
the required steps more clearly.

If you are interested in helping out or stepping up, please tell the
list or me private.

Thank you,
Hanno

Re: Looking for new Plone translation team leader

Sune-3
Hey Hanno,

You have truly done your duty - great job !!. Plone translations will
never be the same without you :)

Br
/sune

Hanno Schlichting skrev:

> Hi all.
>
> I have been serving as the official translation team leader for quite a
> while now. For the last couple of month I haven't done a good job
> anymore at this position, but focussed my efforts elsewhere. So I'm
> looking for someone to take over this role.
>
> The main duties of the position are:
>
> - Give new translators coming to the list a helping hand and point them
> to the right documentation
> - Answer Plone Core translation related questions
> - Commit an updated translation to SVN for translators not using Subversion
>
> Optionally the position can include regularly rebuilding and syncing the
> pot/po files in PloneTranslations and make releases of it. The tools we
> use like i18ndude need next to no maintenance and I'd be happy to help
> out in maintaining them. I'd be happy to work with someone to document
> the required steps more clearly.
>
> If you are interested in helping out or stepping up, please tell the
> list or me private.
>
> Thank you,
> Hanno

========================
Sune Toft
Partner, Projektleder

Headnet ApS
Fruebjergvej 3
Symbion Science Park - Box 50
2100 København Ø.

Telefon: +45 3917 9750
Fax: +45 3917 9751
Mobil: +45 2943 9585

http://www.headnet.dk
[hidden email]

=======================

Headnet - devoted to Plone
http://www.plone.org
Vinder af "Bedst til Nettet" 2005 - 2006
http://bedstpaanettet.dk

Re: Looking for new Plone translation team leader

Vincent Fretin
Hello,

I think I'm the new official translation team leader with the work I've done for Plone 3.3. If there is no objection... :-)

Hanno Schlichting-3 wrote
[...]

Thank you,
Hanno

Re: Looking for new Plone translation team leader

Lachlan-3
+1

cheers
L.

On Sun, Mar 1, 2009 at 12:50 AM, Vincent Fretin
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I think I'm the new official translation team leader with the work I've done
> for Plone 3.3. If there is no objection... :-)
>

> Hanno Schlichting-3 wrote:
>>
>> Hi all.
>>
>> I have been serving as the official translation team leader for quite a
>> while now. For the last couple of month I haven't done a good job
>> anymore at this position, but focussed my efforts elsewhere. So I'm
>> looking for someone to take over this role.
>>
>> The main duties of the position are:
>>
>> - Give new translators coming to the list a helping hand and point them
>> to the right documentation
>> - Answer Plone Core translation related questions
>> - Commit an updated translation to SVN for translators not using
>> Subversion
>>
>> Optionally the position can include regularly rebuilding and syncing the
>> pot/po files in PloneTranslations and make releases of it. The tools we
>> use like i18ndude need next to no maintenance and I'd be happy to help
>> out in maintaining them. I'd be happy to work with someone to document
>> the required steps more clearly.
>>
>> If you are interested in helping out or stepping up, please tell the
>> list or me private.
>>
>> Thank you,
>> Hanno

I believe in revolution _because_ I understand that my hopes are absurd.

Re: Looking for new Plone translation team leader

Alexander Limi
Administrator
On Sat, 28 Feb 2009 08:50:05 -0800, Vincent Fretin
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I think I'm the new official translation team leader with the work I've
> done
> for Plone 3.3. If there is no objection... :-)

You certainly have my blessing, and I think Hanno agrees too.

Congratulations, and nice work!

--
Alexander Limi · http://limi.net

Alexander Limi wrote:

> On Sat, 28 Feb 2009 08:50:05 -0800, Vincent Fretin
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I think I'm the new official translation team leader with the work I've
>> done
>> for Plone 3.3. If there is no objection... :-)
>
> You certainly have my blessing, and I think Hanno agrees too.
>
> Congratulations, and nice work!

Certainly! Whoever does amazing work has the right to claim all the
fancy titles he wants :)

Vincent: If you encounter any problems please ask me privately or
publicly on the list. I might be overwhelmed by your energy, but try to
answer ;)

Cheers,
Hanno