Kiwi PyCon 2009 anyone?

Tim Knapp
Hi all,

With all the local NZPUG groups popping up all over NZ I thought the
time was ripe for us to propose a Kiwi PyCon for this year and see how
we as a community can get this event up-and-running.

To set some parameters for the event, I'd envisage the following for the
PyCon:
      * 2 day event over a weekend
      * 80/20 split of scheduled talks Vs BarCamp-style impromptu
        speeches
      * A university or similar style venue that is essentially free for
        our usage (or *very* cheap). Some potential contenders based on
        NZPUG meetups to date are Otago and Auckland? Can anyone comment
        on either of these?
      * Good access to the location for out-of-towners

Those are just some initial thoughts.

Please let me know what you all think?

Regards,
Tim

Re: [nzpug] Kiwi PyCon 2009 anyone?

Reed Wade
!

sounds like fun

Auckland would be interesting to me as I keep hearing how unpleasant a
place it is but never really visited other than the airport (it's
better than most airports I think).

-reed