Help in Internationalizing Plone

Alemu Tesfaye
Dear sirs,

I am an Ethiopian who works for a private software company, and I have been assigned to develop a portal for one of the regional governemt office.
I searched around for a product which is open source and compared many of them and I Liked Plone better than the others.

But I have a problem, I have tried to translate plone to one of our local languages (Amharic) and craeted a plone-am.po file but the content on the plone site doesnot change.

Am I missing some steps that  i need to follow, It will be very helpfull if you reply asap.

Alex

Re: Help in Internationalizing Plone

Jean Jordaan-3
Hi Alex

Have you read this yet?
   http://plone.org/development/teams/i18n/translators-guidelines

It's very helpful.

Jean Jordaan
http://www.upfrontsystems.co.za

Error in Translator's Guidelines (Re: Help in Internationalizing Plone)

Jean Jordaan-3
Hi Alex

(Please keep replying to the list, there are many more potential
helpers.)

> but I am not able to download the master translation files stated.

Do you mean this part:

"""
So you need to download and translate all of the following six files:

     * Click here to download the master file for CMFPlone.
"""

It looks like the first three of those links are broken.

The link says this, which is wrong:
http://svn.plone.org/collective/svn/PloneTranslations/trunk/i18n/plone.pot

This is correct:
http://svn.plone.org/svn/collective/PloneTranslations/trunk/i18n/plone.pot

Notice the position of "svn/" in the URL. Change all the wrong ones.

Could someone with edit rights maybe fix?

--
Jean Jordaan
http://www.upfrontsystems.co.za

Re: Help in Internationalizing Plone

Alemu Tesfaye

I read the article on how to i18n plone and downloaded the six templates and translated the plone.po file to Amharic using poedit and restarted plone.

But my site still displays english. Have I missed anything. Please help me.

Regards

Alex

On 12/12/05, Alemu Tesfaye <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear sirs,

I am an Ethiopian who works for a private software company, and I have been assigned to develop a portal for one of the regional governemt office.
I searched around for a product which is open source and compared many of them and I Liked Plone better than the others.

But I have a problem, I have tried to translate plone to one of our local languages (Amharic) and craeted a plone-am.po file but the content on the plone site doesnot change.

Am I missing some steps that  i need to follow, It will be very helpfull if you reply asap.

Alex

Re: Re: Help in Internationalizing Plone

Jean Jordaan-3
Hi Alex

> translated the plone.po file to Amharic using poedit

- Did you create a new file called plone-am.po ?
- Did you change the Language-Code and Language-Name headers
   in that file to "am" and "Amharic"?

--
Jean Jordaan
http://www.upfrontsystems.co.za

Re: Re: Help in Internationalizing Plone

Nikos Papagrigoriou
Have you set the default language of Plone to Amharic?

On 12/12/05, Alemu Tesfaye <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

[...]

* personal email: [hidden email]
* personal website: http://www.papagrigoriou.gr