General questions re. linux.conf.au

Tim Knapp
Hello,

I'm currently considering going to linux.conf.au[1] and was just wondering how much of a python/zope/plone crowd attend? Also, is it possible to have a BoF session with fellow python web developers?

Lastly as a n00b to linux.conf.au, I'm just curious how good the conference is and whether others feel it is a worthy conference to attend?

Thanks in advance,
Tim

[1] http://linux.conf.au/home

Re: General questions re. linux.conf.au

Jan Smith
Hi Tim,

Thanks very much or raising this question.

On 30/10/2007, Tim Knapp <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm currently considering going to linux.conf.au[1] and was just wondering how much of a python/zope/plone crowd attend? Also, is it possible to have a BoF session with fellow python web developers?

The LCA runs from 28th Jan to 2nd Feb, 2008 at Melbourne Uni <a href="http://linux.conf.au/programme/presentations" target="_blank" onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)">http://linux.conf.au/programme/presentations

This year LCA will have a Bird of a Feather room available on the Wednesday, Thursday and Friday during the conference.  If anyone would like to attend a Zope, Plone, Silva or other Python Web Framework (Django, Turbo Gears, Pylons)  BOF during the conference please add your name here: http://ozzope.org/zopenews/LCAMeetup  I'm extending the BOF to include other Python web frameworks because some OzZope members develop with more than one Python web framework.

Note: This year one of the keynote speakers is Anthony Baxter, the release manager for Python.

cheers
Jan