Fwd: [Plone-Announce] Pre-announcement of new hotfix

Fwd: [Plone-Announce] Pre-announcement of new hotfix

Veit Schiele

Hallo zusammen,

...und hier die nächste Ankündigung. Der Patch soll am 11. Juni 2013,
17:00 Uhr mitteleuropäischer Zeit veröffentlicht werden.  Die Seite
http://plone.org/products/plone/security/advisories/20130611-announcement enthält
darüberhinaus weitere Hinweise zum Absichern von Plone-Sites.

Schöne Grüße
   Veit

- -------- Original-Nachricht --------

Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2013 10:07:25 +0100
To: [hidden email]
Cc: Plone Developers <[hidden email]>,
plone_users <[hidden email]>
From: Announcement of Plone releases and security-related notifications.
Recommended subscription for all Plone developers and site admins.
<[hidden email]>
Subject: [Plone-Announce] Pre-announcement of new hotfix

Hello everyone,

On behalf of the Plone Foundation I'd like to draw your attention to a
security announcement that was published a few minutes ago.

This is a pre-announcement only, it does not contain any vulnerability
details. Your sites are a safe today as they were yesterday.  However,
we are giving you advance warning that a patch is upcoming and
recommending that you plan a maintenance period for your sites to
coincide with the full announcement next week.

Full details are available at
http://plone.org/products/plone/security/advisories/20130611-announcement

You can feel free to ask more questions on the plone-users mailing list
or in the #plone IRC channel about details and how to protect yourself,
but it is important to make a plan for this now.  If you know you can't
install the fix at the time of release next week it would be a good idea
to plan the best time to have it installed with your administrators,
otherwise your site is potentially at risk from opportunistic hackers.

Thank you for your attention,

Matthew

- -
-

Re: Fwd: [Plone-Announce] Pre-announcement of new hotfix

Veit Schiele

Hallo zusammen,

die Veröffentlichung des Patches wird um eine Woche auf den 18. Juni
verschoben. Hintergrund hierfür sind Probleme bei der Erreichbarkeit von
download.zope.org. Hier die Meldung im Original:

«This hotfix has been delayed by 1 week, until the 18th June. This is
due to problems with Zope's servers on the 11th that we felt would
prevent many people from being able to patch safely.»

Schöne Grüße
   Veit

Am 07.06.13 08:23, schrieb Veit Schiele:

> Hallo zusammen,
>
> ...und hier die nächste Ankündigung. Der Patch soll am 11. Juni 2013,
> 17:00 Uhr mitteleuropäischer Zeit veröffentlicht werden.  Die Seite
> http://plone.org/products/plone/security/advisories/20130611-announcement enthält
> darüberhinaus weitere Hinweise zum Absichern von Plone-Sites.
>
> Schöne Grüße
>    Veit
>

> -------- Original-Nachricht --------
>
> Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2013 10:07:25 +0100
> To: [hidden email]
> Cc: Plone Developers <[hidden email]>,
> plone_users <[hidden email]>
> From: Announcement of Plone releases and security-related notifications.
> Recommended subscription for all Plone developers and site admins.
> <[hidden email]>
> Subject: [Plone-Announce] Pre-announcement of new hotfix
>

> Hello everyone,
>
> On behalf of the Plone Foundation I'd like to draw your attention to a
> security announcement that was published a few minutes ago.
>
> This is a pre-announcement only, it does not contain any vulnerability
> details. Your sites are a safe today as they were yesterday.  However,
> we are giving you advance warning that a patch is upcoming and
> recommending that you plan a maintenance period for your sites to
> coincide with the full announcement next week.
>
> Full details are available at
> http://plone.org/products/plone/security/advisories/20130611-announcement
>
> You can feel free to ask more questions on the plone-users mailing list
> or in the #plone IRC channel about details and how to protect yourself,
> but it is important to make a plan for this now.  If you know you can't
> install the fix at the time of release next week it would be a good idea
> to plan the best time to have it installed with your administrators,
> otherwise your site is potentially at risk from opportunistic hackers.
>
> Thank you for your attention,
>
> Matthew
>
> -
> -

- --
Veit Schiele Communications GmbH
Amtsgericht Berlin (Charlottenburg): HRB 137927 B
Geschäftsführer: Veit Schiele

Mansteinstr. 7
D-10783 Berlin
Tel: +49 30 8185667-1