Caveats in original texts

Mohsen Moeeni
Hello again;

While doing Persian translation, I encountered some caveats in original text.
I may be wrong about some of them. So somebody please comment:

file: plone-*.po
msgid: label_allowAnonymousViewAbout
Default: All Anonymous Users To View About Information
Problem: must be `Allow` not `All`

file: cmfplacefulworkflow-*.po
msgid "description_below_this_folder"
Default: Modify the workflows only below this Folder. If you want to
modify the workflow of this Folder use 'Below this Folder'."
Problem: use 'From this Folder'; not Below

file: plone-*.po
msgid: help_navigation_start_level
Default: An integer value that specifies the number of folder levels
below the site root that must be exceeded before the navigation tree
will display. [snip]
Problem: I am not sure about this one. I can't comprehend it
completely because of that `before` word. Shouldn't it read `after` or
`after that`?

Cheers,
Mohsen,

Re: Caveats in original texts

Jean Jordaan
Hi Mohsen

> file: plone-*.po
> msgid: label_allowAnonymousViewAbout
> Default: All Anonymous Users To View About Information
> Problem: must be `Allow` not `All`

Agreed.

> file: plone-*.po
> msgid: help_navigation_start_level
> Default: An integer value that specifies the number of folder levels
> below the site root that must be exceeded before the navigation tree
> will display. [snip]
> Problem: I am not sure about this one. I can't comprehend it
> completely because of that `before` word. Shouldn't it read `after` or
> `after that`?

"before" is correct. It's a conditional:
- first X must be exceeded,
- then Y will display.
Another way to put this: X must be exceeded before Y will display.

--
jean

Re: Caveats in original texts

Alexander Limi
Administrator
On Sun, 04 Jun 2006 16:39:52 -0700, Jean Jordaan
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>> file: plone-*.po
>> msgid: label_allowAnonymousViewAbout
>> Default: All Anonymous Users To View About Information
>> Problem: must be `Allow` not `All`
>
> Agreed.

I fixed this during my Norwegian translation binge yesterday, btw. There
are now 89 bad tokens that I want to review and fix in the source if
possible. Will probably need to go through this with Hanno or something to
see if they are that way for a reason, or if it's just sloppy translation
work. There are a lot of non-sensical strings and/or duplicates with 1-2
character differences.

Re: Caveats in original texts

Hanno Schlichting-2
Alexander Limi wrote:

> I fixed this during my Norwegian translation binge yesterday, btw. There
> are now 89 bad tokens that I want to review and fix in the source if
> possible. Will probably need to go through this with Hanno or something to
> see if they are that way for a reason, or if it's just sloppy translation
> work. There are a lot of non-sensical strings and/or duplicates with 1-2
> character differences.

Send me your findings, I'll probably have some time this weekend to look
into them :) I expect there to be quite some problematic texts, one of
the most controversial are probably all title texts as they are often
identical to the label texts which is because nobody cared to write more
explanatory texts ;)

Hanno

Re: Caveats in original texts

Alexander Limi
Administrator
On Wed, 07 Jun 2006 15:14:02 -0700, Alexander Limi
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Sun, 04 Jun 2006 16:39:52 -0700, Jean Jordaan
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>>> file: plone-*.po
>>> msgid: label_allowAnonymousViewAbout
>>> Default: All Anonymous Users To View About Information
>>> Problem: must be `Allow` not `All`
>>
>> Agreed.
>
> I fixed this during my Norwegian translation binge yesterday, btw. There
> are now 89 bad tokens that I want to review and fix in the source if
> possible. Will probably need to go through this with Hanno or something
> see if they are that way for a reason, or if it's just sloppy translation
> work. There are a lot of non-sensical strings and/or duplicates with 1-2
> character differences.

Summarized here:

http://plone.org/development/teams/i18n/cleanup

Re: Caveats in original texts

Encolpe Degoute-2
Mohsen Moeeni a écrit :

> Hello again;
>
> While doing Persian translation, I encountered some caveats in original text.
> I may be wrong about some of them. So somebody please comment:
>
> file: cmfplacefulworkflow-*.po
> msgid "description_below_this_folder"
> Default: Modify the workflows only below this Folder. If you want to
> modify the workflow of this Folder use 'Below this Folder'."
> Problem: use 'From this Folder'; not Below

Fixed.

--
Encolpe Degoute
INGENIWEB (TM) - S.A.S 50000 Euros - RC B 438 725 632

On 6/8/06, Encolpe Degoute <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Mohsen Moeeni a écrit :
> >
> > file: cmfplacefulworkflow-*.po
> > msgid "description_below_this_folder"
> > Default: Modify the workflows only below this Folder. If you want to
> > modify the workflow of this Folder use 'Below this Folder'."
> > Problem: use 'From this Folder'; not Below
>
> Fixed.

I am not sure. It now says 'In this folder' which is inconsistent
with 'For this folder' which has been used in other place(s).

Here is some more problems that I witnessed in atcontenttypes
Product:

atcontenttypes-*.po
help_criteria_field_name
Default: "List Available Fields"
Problem: List *of* available Fields?

./ATContentTypes/skins/ATContentTypes/criterion_edit_form.cpt
Problem: this form uses msgid `label_add` from domain plone.
however this msgid is not defined in plone.pot

Concerning index ids in ATContentTypes product:
Problem: The following index ids have no friendly names: `Creator`,
`Description` (Could be seen in /portal_atct/atct_manageTopicIndex).
`Title` is used as an index id, a friendly name for index
`Title` and a friendly name for `sortable_title` index. They must be
separated (I do not know translate index ids but I translate their
friendly names).

Cheers,
Mohsen,