Auckland meeting facility

Darryl Dixon-2
Hi All,

The owners FMIT Ltd have graciously agreed to the use of their office facilities for a regular Auckland NZPUG meetup, so I'm putting the offer to the Auckland NZPUG crowd: I propose a regular (monthly?) scheduled meetup after-hours at FMIT's offices in Durham House in the CBD (access off Queen St, Durham Lane, and Albert St). My role would simply be facility administrator, my hope is that all the usual characters (Danny, Guy?) will be involved taking donations for beer/pizza and fielding offers to do presentations. I can step into those roles temporarily if need be, but I'm not really a great people organiser, so I'd be happier if someone more adept than me had responsibility over the long term.

In terms of facilities, the offices are recently refitted and there is a large meeting room with projector etc, and lunchroom with fridge for beer ;)

I'm cross-posting to both the NZPUG list and NZZUG - it'd be great to have both these communities coming along for a regular meeting. I don't have a particular date/time in mind - I'm open to what the consensus on the list is for the best time to run a regular meeting.

Let me know what you all think.

regards,
Darryl Dixon

Re: [nzpug] Auckland meeting facility

Danny Adair-2
Sorry Darryl,

I mentioned this yesterday - we have a long-term option at the UoA
Owen G Glenn building.
Next meeting booked for next week. Will post more later.

It is good to know there are options. Let's talk about it next week.

Cheers,
Danny